Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

This is the first year I've not had Thanksgiving with my family. It was ok though, we had it with Jake's. It was a lot of fun and I got to learn all of their traditions, which were a lot different from ours. They make klassuls (sp?) and blaukraut (sp?) which are both dishes from Germany since Jake's Grandma came from Germany it's just been passed down the family. It was fun.

I made:
A Turkey
pumpkin pie
peacan pie
pumpkin bars
yams
and garlic parmesan rolls

The rolls were the best thing I've ever tasted...EVER! My friend Kacy from work gave me the recipe just on Monday and I decided to make them for Dinner tonight. They were a big hit and sooooo yummy. The recipe is here.

Anyway it was a great day with Family, food and games.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

xantogal said...

those rolls were DEFINITELY the best part of the whole night!! YUM!!

Kacy said...

Oh I had no idea that you made them. I am glad they turned out. I was just thinking aout them.